Thursday, May 6, 2010

Olds

We arrived in Olds last Friday. Hard to believe we've been here almost a week already! Since being here, we've been to Kindergarten orientation, signed Ally up for swimming lessons, found two parks and Walmart, visited the library and I went to Enrichment last night. Aside from our friends, life goes on.
Warren walks to work four times a day (he comes home for lunch) and is home by 5pm, mostly, every night. There is no traffic, people are friendly and I can go to Walmart on a Saturday afternoon and it's not even busy. I may enjoy small town living!
Here's a brief tour of our rental house.



The backyard - it's huge! There are big old trees and birds everywhere! The backyard is also infested with ladybugs which Ally has been collecting and putting in the tire swing.


The kitchen - I always wanted painted cupboards but not...well....this green.

This little 'ole tire swing is what convinced us to rent this house. Actually it was the tree it is attached to as well. The house is too small, has no dishwasher (we're working on it), cracked linoleum and one bathroom but it's kind of cozy :)















2 comments:

  1. Yay! I’m SO excited you joined the blogging world! I can’t wait to teach you how to fancy it up this summer!

    ps where are the pictures of the tutu’s???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that perhaps if you had bought this house, Warren could have done some renovations and then you would have had the tree.

    ReplyDelete