Monday, August 2, 2010

Ally

I'm so behind on blogging about our Summer but I want to take a moment and record the feelings that I have about my 5 year old. She will only be 5 for one whole year and hopefully I can capture who Ally is if only for the moment because, as I repeat to myself over and over and over again, it's only a phase :)


Ally drives me banana's 95% of the time. Warren always tells me not to let her 'push my buttons' because she does! Her favourite way at the moment is to ask my 20 times a day if I'm "happy" or "mad" at her. It drives me a little bit crazy. Every morning I pray that I will be kind, loving and have lots of patience for the day.


Ally loves; dirtbiking, any crafts (what a mess), her sister (most of the time), having playdates, snuggling on the couch reading books with me or Warren, camping, hiking, ballet and of course anything beautiful. This mostly includes flowers and beautiful outfits that she puts together. She loves to dress up and would wear her church shoes everyday if I let her. She is constantly encouraging me to dress up in my pretty clothes as well. I'm not stylish enough for her :) She fixes that by making me paper bracelets and necklaces. She tries to get Gracie to wear the paper clothes she makes for her but so far, Grace isn't interested. Lastly, Ally loves ice cream, candy, slushes, chocolate bars etc.... She has a sugar tooth like I've never seen before - well except for her Dad.


Ally dislikes; going to bed (grrrrr), cleaning her room and baths. I guess I should be happy that list is pretty short!








Ally has the most tender heart and is always concerned about other people. She is mellow and even tempered. Even as a toddler, she rarely had a temper tantrum. She is a sweet girl and I'm so glad that I get to spend everday with her!!!



1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post! It's good to remember it while it lasts. I think Ally looks so beautiful in that second picture! And so grown up.

    ReplyDelete